For over 25 years Achilles International programs, staff, and volunteers have been changing the lives of athletes with disabilities around the world. In the process, our lives have changed as well. We share in the achievement of each first step taken, each race run, and each athlete powering a wheelchair towards the finish line. Together we find inspiration and celebrate accomplishments.
The Nashville Chapter of Achilles began in 2012 and has grown to become the second largest chapter. The effectiveness of our programs depends on the dedication and hard work of the Achilles Nashville organization which consists primarily of athletes with disabilities, volunteer guides, and the generous support of people like you. The Nashville Chapter has an active Board of Directors, a part-time Executive Director, and 2 part-time Assistant Directors who together seek to find ways to help support the financial costs of operating the program in addition to supporting the needs of the athletes who participate. Donations go directly to program costs. Below is a sampling of things your donation dollars can help with:
- $25 purchases water, Gatorade, and snacks for weekly practices for approximately 40-50 people
- $50 purchases 10 performance Dri-fit shirts with Achilles Nashville logo for athletes to wear in races and workouts
- $150 sponsors the registration of one athlete in a local marathon
- $250 sponsors safety gear (e.g. reflective vests and blinkie lights) for all athletes for one year
- $500 sponsors one athlete’s travel and fees to an out of state marathon
- $1,000 sponsors a year of running, walking, and rolling in local races for 20 athletes
- $3,500 – $5,000 purchases one handcycle or racing wheelchair for an athlete
Every donation is greatly appreciated and any amount is accepted. All donations allow Achilles International-Nashville to continue to operate free of charge to all our member athletes and guides. Thank you for your consideration and generosity.
Achilles International Nashville is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.